I’ve tested this garment in a variety of circumstances ranging from very wet, high humidity conditions, freezing rain and snow, to cold and dry. In all circumstances I worked up a good sweat running or skiing and can categorically say that I love the 30D Pertex®. Its great stuff as it breathes very well even when the humidity on the inside is as high as the outside.
Wonderful jacket if you like staying dry, the 30D Pertex® breaths very well compared to other vapor permeable fabrics. Sleeves are cut long so the cuff can cover part of your hand or seal well against a glove. The zippers will never catch in the fabric of the coat. Hood fits well over a helmet and can be adjusted to fit easily over your head.
The double zippers on the hand pockets leave the possibility that you might accidentally open a pocket while intending to close it. The pockets aren’t very roomy either, but will hold a few small items. I would love to see the pockets become larger and open diagonally across the chest with one zipper pull (up for closed, down for open). Not the lightest shell in my closet, but the extra weight is negligible and acceptable considering the comfort and functionality of this garment.
- Ultralight, waterproof/breathable, 3-layer 30D Pertex® Shield fabric
- Fully seam taped
- Water-resistant zippers
- Fully adjustable hood fits over helmet
- Hood tunnels keep cord ends away from face
- Front zipper with internal storm flap
- Two zippered, brushed-mesh hand pockets, double-sliding zippers allow venting
- Zippered internal pocket with media port
- Articulated elbows
- Hook/loop cuff closures
- Dual-drawcord hem adjustments
- Avg. Weight (oz./g): 19.4 / 550 M