UPDATE: I have a single ARC left. If you’re interested in reading and reviewing this excellent collection please let me know right away.
I have in my hand three hot copies of an upcoming release ALT.Chronicles: Legacy Fleet, a Samuel Peralta anthology debuting later this month. One of my stories, written within Nick Webb’s universe, is featured in this collection, and this means that I have three Advanced Reader Copies to pass around. Three.
So, my Sunday morning dilemma is this: I’d like to pass these around to all my patrons, but I can only give them to three people. It’s imperative that I tell you that these copies come with strings attached. Per Samuel, “ARC readers must try their best to provide honest reviews for the launch day (Aug 18) on Amazon.com or shortly after. You can choose those readers however you like, but keep in mind that we do want to set an expectation that these are reviewer copies, and not freebies.”
I’m giving Patreon patrons first crack at these, but if you’re interested in reading my story LUMP as well as shorts from fourteen other authors, speak up in the comments. Depending on the response I see on Patreon I’ll mail you a copy in the e-reader format of your choice.
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the FeetForBrains email list. Yes, I’ve let this one slide for far too long. My laziness has probably stunted my growth as an author. And I certainly bitch about Facebook’s evil ways enough, which is why I’ve finally gone ahead and started an email list.
Specials on books, advanced reader copies, contests, appearances, signing, all the good stuff, will be made available to anyone who signs up. I promise not to sell your information (name and email address only) and I hope that you will be amply rewarded for becoming a fan.
You’ll notice that besides this post, there is a permanent page that appears under About MAT called Mailing List. But you don’t have to navigate there now simply click here and go straight to the form.
The paperback includes Joulupukki short story bonus
This afternoon, when Aral and I returned from our dailies, there was a box on the step. Wow! I sure am excited about the results. I ordered twenty copies of my own book because reasons. The first of which is to send a copy to those who have helped and encouraged me along the way. Second, because I’m at least a little vain and I wanted to see it in print all on its own. And third, because I want to exchange a free read for reviews.
So here is the deal, I will mail you a free copy of my book “The Big Red Buckle” in exchange for the following.
- A blog review of my book: so you need to have a blog. It would be better if you wrote regularly and even had a few followers. Make sure to include a link to your blog and the current number of subscribers you have when you send me your email. Hoping to see some critical reviews here and you’re welcome to link back to http://feetforbrains.com as long as you don’t mind me linking to your blog.
- A summary review of “The Big Red Buckle” at Amazon.com: just asking for a paragraph or two on Amazon.
- Optional – Cross post Review on Goodreads: You don’t have to write anything new, but if you choose to post your Amazon review on Goodreads, you’d be helping me out.
What do you need to do to get your signed copy of “The Big Red Buckle” for free? That’s easy. Send me an email with the following information in it, by next Monday, the 13th of January.
- Your name and physical address (I need this to mail you a copy)
- Your blog DNS, and approximate subscription numbers
- Your Amazon alias (so I can follow up)
I will collect names and send copies out on Tuesday the 14th. My supply of free-for-review copies is limited, but apparently so is my fan base. Good luck my friends.
NOTE: 12/15/2013 I’m closing down the open ARC for this book. We’re days away from cover art and final processing for the manuscript. So if you are still interested in the book and did not send me a request, you’ll need to wait just a bit and buy yours via Amazon.
Come one, come all. I’m not giving away my book, but I am sending out a limited number of Advanced Reader Copies of The Big Red Buckle. This is a great story, and I’m hoping to generate some interest out in the wide world of readers, so if you would like to be the first kid on your block to lay your hands on this Sci-Fi Sports thrill ride follow the instructions below.
- Send me a request for the ARC of The Big Red Buckle. Hurry supplies are limited. You will have between December 7th and the 14th to request your copy on my dime. Be sure to include:
- Your address, email will work just fine if you want the electronic version, but if you want a physical ARC than you’ll need to include a shipping address.
- Your full name.
- Any affiliations you might have (such as a publishing house, periodical, or blog where you regularly post)
- Wait patiently, the manuscript is ready, but physical copies are not in my hands yet. If you’d rather an electronic copy you can get one as soon as the story is released.
- Read the book.
- Let me know what you thought of The Big Red Buckle. Send me an email, comment on the blog, post on any of my author pages. I’m interested in what you think.
There are only a limited number of copies I can send out into the world. You get a “free” story and I get your opinions and reviews. Remember, this is an equitable exchange.